Today’s transportation management systems (TMS) are available on different software platforms, from on-premise (installed), to hosted, to SaaS (Software-as-a-Service).
The growing preference of industry experts is toward true cloud-based SaaS, a multi-tenant architecture in which all users operate from a single instance of software. This centrally located software instance is highly secure and offers significant benefits over on-premise software or hosted systems. Understanding all of the benefits of a true SaaS platform is key to making the best TMS decision.
Here are five reasons to consider a true SaaS Transportation Management System:
1. Access to a collaborative network – Centralizing transportation activities with a SaaS-based TMS provides the ability to connect members of your organization, carriers, customers, and trading partners in a collaborative community or network. A true SaaS TMS enables multiple parties to leverage technologies through a common platform.
2. Visibility into your supply chain – All transactions flow through this central transportation command center, which allows the monitoring of critical activities in your supply chain. A SaaS TMS provides a network of real-time information, monitoring the flow of goods and data as shipments are executed against plan
3. Faster return on investment – SaaS TMS solutions provide the ideal cost structure for most companies. The speed of implementation for deploying a SaaS model allows companies to achieve a faster return on investment.
4. Scalability, flexibility, and efficiency – An efficient and cohesive supply chain results from the ability to scale infrastructure and adapt technology quickly based on changing business needs. SaaS TMS solutions provide users with complete control of the logistics process life cycle and the option to proactively react to shifts in the supply chain.
5. Benchmarking with better business intelligence – SaaS TMS solutions — with a large community of users — create a transportation network that processes millions of transactions across a single platform. As a result, transportation network data — such as rates, carrier performance, and transit times — provides comparable data sets to create market-level indicates.
Want to learn more about the benefits of a true SaaS TMS? BluJay is here to help. Our team of experts is ready to answer your questions and provide examples of how a single instance, multi-tenant transportation management system can benefit your organization.