One year since introducing first Global Trade Network (GTN), BluJay strengthens platform and sees more customers using supply chain as strategic advantage
Manchester, UK and Holland, MI – March 6, 2018 – BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services today highlighted achievements that position the company and its technology to lead and assist customers in the modern era of supply chain logistics. With the first Global Trade Network (GTN), launched one year ago today along with its new brand, BluJay is transforming its customer base, providing universal connectivity among participants, improved access to capacity, increased speed and agility, end-to-end visibility, and overall cost savings.
“BluJay offers our customers the ability to delight their customers in a cost-efficient, timely manner with reliability and security in their supply chains,” said Doug Braun, CEO, BluJay Solutions. “Today it’s about getting a shipment or parcel to the customer when they want it, and it takes trusted partners to make that happen. With our solutions, customers and members of the Global Trade Network become reliable parts of others’ supply chains. Our customers are realizing the value of BluJay’s network and single platform. This connectivity and collaboration offers businesses the ability to use supply chain as a strategic weapon to drive their success.”
Key milestones since introducing BluJay’s Global Trade Network include:
Company Growth, Recognition, and Customer Engagement
- Customer and carrier growth: BluJay has continued its growth streak, adding an average of 1.5 new customers per day, with approximately two customers per day expanding their business with BluJay. More than 200 carriers have joined the Global Trade Network since its launch. Among hundreds of new customers are: North American Coca-Cola bottlers including Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England; LEMAN, a global transportation and logistics provider based in Europe; and BagTrans, Australia’s leading transport provider.
- Customer engagement: BluJay’s Customer Advisory Board (CAB) ensures that the voice of the customer is not only heard, but also reflected in product development. BluJay grew its CAB involvement, hosting meetings at three customer events, and launching a portal in its product management tool where the product community can submit ideas to address common practices or to solve complex business issues. Since introducing the crowdsourcing functionality tool at its SOAR customer conference in May 2017, BluJay has implemented an average of 10 new customer ideas each month.
- Company growth and investment: BluJay raised $500 million in new capital and received a strategic investment from Temasek, an investment company headquartered in Singapore, further positioning the company for global leadership. BluJay has focused on creating economic growth for customers around the world, this past year directed toward the Asia-Pacific region, led by Katie Kinraid who joined BluJay in April as General Manager, APAC. BluJay added new offices in Melbourne, Australia; Christchurch, New Zealand; and also expanded its U.S. headquarters in Holland, Mich. to accommodate growth, moving to a nearby 77,000-square-foot tech space.
- Industry analyst recognition: BluJay was named to Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems, and as a Top 20 Supply Chain Management Software Supplier in Modern Materials Handling, among other awards.
- Expanded product portfolio: BluJay completed the acquisition of and fully integrated technology from Blackbay to deliver a next-generation, last-mile mobility solution into the product portfolio. MobileSTAR, integrated with BluJay’s Transportation Management product in July 2017, manages the last-mile delivery experience for shippers and carriers of all types. As a stand-alone solution hosted on premise or in the cloud, MobileSTAR gives users the ability to connect in real-time, delivering improved customer satisfaction and reduced costs.
- Release updates: BluJay Global Trade Network version 18.0, released in November 2017, included an improved unified user interface across the platform, and an integration with BluPass, the single sign-on solution for the BluJay Global Trade Network, providing customers a single login to all modules. In addition, BluPass integrates with a variety of external authentication providers, enabling customers to use internal authentication solutions to administer users in the GTN. In the Customs Management application, new countries are continually being added to the current count of 28 served by BluJay’s single platform.
- Food and Beverage managed services: BluJay Solutions and Lineage Logistics announced a partnership to enable customers in the food and beverage industry to outsource the management of their transportation network by leveraging BluJay’s highly scalable Transportation Management application with Lineage’s diverse network of facilities spanning 100+ locations across North America with 609 million cubic feet of temperature-controlled capacity. Several Lineage customers migrated to BluJay’s Transportation Management platform as a result of the partnership.
- Parcel and LTL shipping integration: Partner NMB Solutions specializes in third-party parcel and LTL shipping integration with Dynamics AX/365 for Operations to provide AX users with powerful tools that integrate BluJay’s Parcel and Transportation Management.
- Chemical and industrial manufacturing verticals: Partner CLX Logistics combines its logistics management expertise with BluJay’s cloud-powered portfolio of solutions and Global Trade Network connectivity to help organizations in the complex environments of chemicals and industrial manufacturing successfully manage and improve their global supply chains.
For more information on BluJay Solutions and the Global Trade Network, visit: www.blujaysolutions.com.
About BluJay Solutions
BluJay Solutions delivers supply chain software and services to the world’s most progressive retailers, distributors, freight forwarders, manufacturers, and logistics service providers. Transforming supply chain logistics with the BluJay Global Trade Network, we enable customers to unlock the power of more than 40,000 universally connected partners. With BluJay, companies can achieve greater trade velocity, transform their supply chain economics for disruptive advantage, and see beyond the horizon to optimize their future in the global economy. To learn more, visit: www.blujaysolutions.com, or follow us on Twitter at @myblujay and LinkedIn.
# # #