At BluJay, our Business Continuity Team and leaders across the business are keeping a close watch on the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. We know our solutions are mission-critical to our customers’ operations. BluJay’s Business Continuity Plan prioritizes the health and safety of our employees while ensuring our customers remain supported throughout the duration of the disruption. We have ongoing communication with our employees about the protocols in place to protect the health of our team members and the policies to provide continuity.
To keep everyone up to date on our efforts, we post regular updates on this page and communicate any major updates directly as warranted. As always, you can reach out to your BluJay representative should you have questions or if we can be of help.
March 26, 2020 Update
Over the past week, BluJay has expanded work from home for office-based employees in more countries and various states in the U.S. in accordance with government mandates. Employees who are required to be in the office periodically for business continuity are allowed to do so with the appropriate credentials from BluJay designating essential employees per government guidelines. We continue to operate at full capacity.
BluJay has also completed the vendor review process per our Business Continuity protocols.
We continue to monitor the situation and keep our BluJay community updated.
March 18, 2020 Update
We wanted to provide an update on what BluJay is doing with regard to COVID-19. As mentioned in our March 2nd email, BluJay has been tracking the situation very closely in order to make informed decisions for the business.
Our priority remains the same: we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, while ensuring that our customers remain supported through this time. A number of companies have issued global policies; BluJay has decided to instead follow the local governments’ advice, given that our global footprint is wide, and the stage of COVID-19 guidelines in the locations where we operate can be very different. Our goal is to minimize disruption while following the recommendations set in place by respective local government and health authorities.
Here’s the latest:
1) Our executive Business Continuity Team meets daily via video conference to review the latest recommendations for COVID-19. We publish guidelines on working from home and business travel, as well as safety and hygiene reflecting the government advice of each country where we have employees around the world.
2) All of our employees have laptops and are prepared to work from home – many are already. As of March 16, we expanded work from home (WFH) for office-based employees in additional countries per the government guidelines. Arrangements are made for roles deemed critical to work in office.
3) We have placed further restrictions on travel: no travel outside of the country where an employee resides, and no domestic travel where there is community spread of COVID-19. We strongly encourage everyone to refrain from any non-essential travel.
BluJay remains positive as we do our part to be socially responsible and support efforts to slow the spread of the outbreak. We also feel it’s important to recognize you – our customers, carriers, and partners across the global supply chain who continue to move vital goods around the world during this challenging time. Thank you for all that you do. We are committed to serving you through this period.
We will continue to share any meaningful updates regarding this unprecedented situation. Please reach out to your BluJay representative if you have specific concerns or questions.
March 2, 2020 Update
As the novel coronavirus outbreak deepens, we wanted to let you know we are tracking it very closely. BluJay is focused on the safety of our employees and ensuring our customers are well supported through this time. With that in mind, we wanted to share the following:
1) We have an Executive Business Continuity Team that meets regularly to ensure we are up to date on the situation and to monitor the effectiveness of our policies.
2) 100% of our employees have laptops and can work remotely. We will ensure all remote workers have proper connectivity as required. In addition, 100% of our systems can be accessed via the cloud so we will be able to support all of our customers if office closures and travel restrictions become more widespread.
3) With regard to travel, we are planning for the possibility of additional travel restrictions which may impact our ability to be onsite. We are monitoring the CDC website, which highlights which countries are at risk for travel.
We are committed to serving our customers throughout this period. We will keep you updated as new information becomes available.
Please reach out to your BluJay representative if you have specific concerns or questions.