Job title Junior PSG Consultant
Location Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
We are looking for a number of Consultants to join the organisation a the same time to form a collaborative team.
About BluJay Solutions
BluJay Solutions delivers solutions that simplify global trade and logistics.
Global businesses face ever increasing complexity across their supply chains including decisions on sourcing, customs, compliance, transportation, storage, finance, visibility and connectivity. Inefficiency in any of these areas will lead to supply chain delays and result in increased cost. BluJay Solutions has a suite of software solutions that significantly simplify the management of the most complex global supply chains for enterprises and logistics service providers.
With over 35 years’ experience in global trade management and logistics, and over 1000 employees worldwide, BluJay Solutions is a long-time innovator of solutions for manufacturers, distributors, retailers, freight forwarder, transport companies, customs brokers, 3PL’s and 4 PL’s, as well as other related institutions involved in financing and underwriting global trade such as banks and insurance providers.
BluJay Solutions’ solutions are in daily use by more than 40,000 users worldwide and our global customers base which entrusts us with the management of their supply networks includes divisions of 3M, Bayer, Caterpillar, DHL, FedEx, Ford General Electric, General Motors, .J. Heinz, Kimberley-Clark, Kraft, Levi Strauss, Mazda, Nestle, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Smith & Nephew, Sony TNT, Unilever, UPS, Vodafone, Yamaha, Xerox.
The Junior PSG Consultant is based in The Netherlands and reports into one of the Senior Project Manager of the BluJay Solutions Professional Services Group (PSG) Europe. He or she will play a role in multiple client-facing (inter)national, complex and mostly high profile software implementations projects.
The consultant will develop into an expert in one of the BluJay Solutions system domains (TMS, WMS and customs). He or she is a team player with a strong technical background and an affinity in logistics, is eager to learn and develop. A self-starter who takes ownership for the assigned responsibilities.
The consultant will have excellent analytical and communication skills, be fluent in Dutch and English and preferably one additional language.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand how BluJay solutions can meet the client’s business objectives.
- Understand Client Requirements as a component of the Functional Requirements Specification or Functional Designs.
- Understand the key deliverables in the project under their direct control and maintain close co-operation with the BluJay Solutions project manager in terms of milestones, priorities, timescales, budget, risks & issues.
- Obtain training and self-study needed to:
- Become a subject matter expert in TMS, WMS or customs.
- Effectively deliver and contribute to system solutions (system development and configuration).
- Responsible for quality of delivery and customer satisfaction of assigned tasks and/or projects.
- To maintain an awareness of and work within project constraints and contractual obligations.
- Obtain an awareness of BluJay Solutions’ products to be able to discuss them with customers and lead follow-up product demonstrations and presentations if needed while on-site.
- Identify own knowledge, skill-set and personal development needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
- Strong technical skills:
- Object oriented programming language such as Java (alternatively dotNet),
- RDBMs preferably Oracle, SQL,
- web tools,
- client-server graphical user interface (GUI),
- and report writers, preferable Jasper reports.
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and also as part of a large team.
- Able and willing to travel internationally, flexible working times.
- Strong affinity with ICT and Logistics (TMS, WMS or Customs)
- Ambition to develop and grow.
- Functional leader
- Team player
- Stress resistant