BluJay Solutions Logistic Managers are accountable for leading a team specific to 1 or 2 customers, including strategic & tactical execution, system driven solution design, providing analytical metrics, executing metric based decision making, and ensuring fanatical customer relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
In order to do the work of a Logistics Manager, you will need to be exceptional in customer relationship management AND demonstrated proficiency in Systems Functionality, Analytics, and Operations.
To do the work of a Logistics Manager well, you will need a high degree of strategic thinking as well as tactical execution, have a curious and analytical mindset, have a deep understanding of the Supply Chain industry, and be willing to do whatever it takes to exceed our customers’ expectations. You will also need effective communication skills to partner with our customer and your team. This work will require you to be meticulous with details and proficient in developing a team that is focused on working together and making our customer successful.
Good Logistic Managers have GRIT
- Conscientiousness – Being more achievement oriented over just dependable
- Long-Term Goals and Endurance – Follow through
- Resilience – Optimism, Confidence and Creativity
- Excellence vs. Perfection – it is better to be better than to be perfect
As a Logistics Manager you will monitor the quality, cost, and efficiency of the movement of goods and supporting processes upstream and downstream within the supply chain on behalf of the customer. You oversee shipments that move via multiple modes and/or diverse equipment types, while accountable for their operational requirements. Under your watch, contact with the carrier base, vendors, distribution centers, and 3PLs will reflect our commitment to their success. This work may require your participation in carrier contract negotiations and relationship management. You will lead a team focused on the daily execution of freight moves utilizing the TMS. You will need to rely on technology and use it to drive continuous improvement. Your team will need you to manage resources in order to meet changing needs thru a series of weekly/monthly metrics that include, savings, utilization, on-time performance, tender acceptance, accessorial, and overhead costs.
Good Logistic Managers are passionate about Customer Satisfaction. They are highly motivated. They are results driven. A good Logistics Manager works to find and implements solutions to problems. They lead and develop people, and default to thinking strategically. They are constantly tracking Supply Chain industry conditions, emerging logistics practices, and analyzing their effects, then taking action early on to mitigate risks or take advantage from changing markets. The key to keeping your team and your customer focused on getting better is developing those around you. Work, success, and business demands never stay in one place – neither should your focus.
The general scope of the work that you will do is below:
Here is the Work you will do:
- Team member development
- Base your decisions on facts – metrics, industry trends, technology; don’t be bribed by your emotions
- Implement Continuous Improvement initiatives, and track their success
- Plan and implement solutions for customer network changes
- Use Project plans to track and execute various initiatives, and respectfully challenge everything
- Know the market and lead accordingly
- Be good in front of people.
- And keep good people in front of you.
- Stay current with relevant departmental and customer established SOP’s
- Utilize the knowledge of the TMS® and MTS team to do what is best for your customer.
- Communicate regularly with your teams to review established KPI’s.
- Measure – Adjust – Act, and then repeat.
- Make your people better – smarter, more analytical, driven, and customer focused
- Develop presentations for customer business reviews (QBR’s)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain Management or related field) or 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability with the Microsoft Office suite
- Show us you can get the right stuff done on time and look at chaos as a challenge.
- Be able to analyze, challenge, and question information and then find creative ways to problem solve.
- You will only be successful if your entire team is – drive towards being a significant factor in their development.
- You will need to be understandable and confident in front of various audiences – capture their attention
- Have a strong passion for technology and know how to leverage it.
- Know what tools are in your tool box – your tool box is the rest of the organization
- Know what needs to be done, and do it
- Experience with Supply Chain software and technology a plus